Playa del Carmen has grown in popularity over the years as a hidden gem in Mexico's Mayan Riviera. Close to Cozumel and Cancun, Playa del Carmen offers the same spectacular beaches and white sand as its nearby tourist-magnet neighbors, but with fewer visitors and more authentic local culture. Playa del Carmen has its own thriving small village center -- all of which is centered around a street called 5th Avenue. 5th Avenue features shops, clubs, and bars -- but what it has become known for is its fantastic dining. Below find 5 of the best restaurants on 5th Avenue in Playa del Carmen -- whether you are looking for a fine dining experience or a delicious, family-friendly meal, you will definitely be able to find it on 5th Avenue.
Plank Restaurant | Imprevist Restaurant | La Parilla | Yaxche | Como Como
DAILY CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST IN OUR COURTYARD
As a thank you to our guests we offer a small Continental breakfast including coffee, juice, jams, fruit, cereal & assorted breads every morning in our beautiful courtyard. Sit around our tables and gardens, listen to the birds chirping and sip your morning coffee for a great start to another day in paradise.
PRIVATE CHEF SERVICES AT THE ACANTO HOTEL
Dine in style at the Acanto Hotel . For an extra fee, our Chef will cook you breakfast , lunch or dinner. Meals can be taken in your room, on the roof top or wherever the mood brings you that day. Resident Head Chef Ruben's knowledge of traditional cuisine and modernist vision led him to create the country's Mayan fusion cuisine, and then he was invited by the the Riviera Maya Tourism Board to represent the flavors and aromas of Mexico to many of the embassies in Mexico.
Reserve directly from our website for an extra 10% discount
Buy our Life Happens Cancellation Protection!
Initial consultation to discuss your wedding plans with unlimited consulting sessions via phone, skype, or e-mail.
- Personalized site inspections in Playa del Carmen.
- Formulate, meet and confirm officiator and vendor proposals and contracts for entertainment, floral, decor, cake, photographers, videographers, organizing group ground transfers, booking hair/spa appointments, etc.
- Assist in prioritizing your budget, planning and event timeline.
- Verify deposit and payment schedules while assuring international transactions are secured.
- Assist with ceremony and reception layout and diagram.
- Attending your rehearsal ceremony (if requested), final reception and/or ceremony.
- Receive special amenities for the couple and guests.
- Discuss wedding etiquette issues and take care of any issues that may arise.
Main contact for your vendors while working with loyal and trustworthy suppliers in Mexico assuring your international funds are safe and secure.
- Be the on-site contact in the USA/Playa while guests are making their international travel plans and handle any special requests.
- Solve any challenges that may arise prior, during and after the event so you can enjoy your time at your destination wedding.
- Organizing the processional, recessional during the ceremony and timeline of the day events.
- Assuring the ceremony and reception is executed as planned by coordinating the decor set-up/tear down, securing a refrigerated and safe area for your cake/ floral decor, place cards, guest book, cake cutter, champagne flutes, party favors, menu cards, table numbers, centerpieces, etc.
To confirm your wedding on a legal basis in Mexico, you will need to arrive in Playa at least 5 days prior prior to assure the paperwork and blood tests are completed prior to your event. Fees include translation of documents, confirming the Judge, executing legal paperwork and scheduling blood tests at the clinic or in the privacy of your hotel room.
Designed for the couple who would like to research and plan their own wedding, but may need some guidance or assistance to keep within their budget when planning a destination wedding. This may include items of planning which you may not want to do or may not have the knowledge, especially when booking with foreign businesses and dealing with foreign currencies.
Ceremonies: Choose the perfect beach setting for your wedding ceremony at the Playa del Carmen beach or a beautiful private beach in Playacar. Packages include ceremony chairs, beach permits and set-up/dismantle with a variety of decor and aisle options! Or choose from the intimate Chapel on 5th to accommodate up to 70 people or the Catholic Church accommodating up to 150 people.
- Music & Entertainment: We feature a variety of options for you to choose from for your special day to include: Mariachi, Steel Drums, Solo Violinist, Acoustic Guitar, Singer and Guitarist with smooth jazz, bossa nova, rumba, live bands from rock to jazz, or choose from any of our DJ´s, or any mix of the above. For the most memorable night, close the evening with a thrilling fireshow on the beach with live drummers and special wedding dances can be performed for your special day.
- Flowers & Decor: Once you choose your setting, the fun begins with choosing ceremony arches, aisle decor, church decor, bouquets, boutonnieres, romantic or festive centerpieces, chinese lanterns over lighted dance floors on the beach to elegant glass chandeliers during dinner!
- Wedding Cake: Tempt your palate with delicious flavors, fillings and icings and designs from a variety of Riviera Maya bakeries.
- Photographers & Videographer: We feature a variety of a la carte menus and packages to suit any budget with the most priceless settings in the Caribbean. Choose from traditional to chic photos or fun videos of "trash the dress" in the spectacular turquoise seas or in a crystal clear cenote. We have it all!
- Beauty & Spa: We will arrange spa, hair and make-up appointments at professional locations or in the privacy of your own room.